The RE appointment went well. I was surprised at how much time I actually spent with the doctor talking about my medical history and going over different options. He was especially understanding of our situation with B being deployed right now. His thought was to take a fairly aggressive approach to diagnosing the reason why I am either not ovulating or ovulating so late. This is the game plan as of now:
• Tomorrow get bloodwork to test hormones
• Depending on results of the bloodwork – either take Provera to start period
(if no ovulation is detected) or wait for period (if ovulation is detected).
He thinks I didn’t ovulate since I am on day 45 of my cycle now.
• Baseline ultrasound scheduled for Monday to make sure everything looks okay
• Day 3 of my cycle (whenever it starts) more bloodwork to test hormones
• Day 10 or 11 HSG test to make sure my fallopian tubes are okay
Depending on the results of all the tests I may start Clomid or Letrozole this cycle so they can monitor my ovulation. I am not really looking forward to the crappy side effects considering that B won’t even be here.
The doctor was really optimistic about our chances – but then again he hasn’t gotten any of the test results back so I am not sure what he is basing it on. But I do feel much better now that we at least have a strategy.