Monday, October 1, 2007

October

It is finally October! This is the month that B is coming home. I can’t wait! He can’t tell me the date, but I think it will be in the next two weeks. We are planning to rent a cabin in Tennessee for a long weekend to just relax and hike with the dogs.

Last year when he got back from deployment we had a huge ski trip planned and it became way too stressful. He ended up getting delayed first in Afghanistan and then in Germany. He didn’t make it home until the day before we were supposed to leave. We also learned during that vacation that it can be very overwhelming to go from not seeing each other at all for several months to being around each other constantly in a small ski lodge.

The theme for this homecoming is stress-free – other than the obvious fertility stress.

I am on day 14 of my cycle. I have two concerns that I know I have no control over, but still can’t help thinking about.

1.) My period might come on or right before he gets home. I know this isn’t a big deal, but I got my period the day before he left and it sucked. It would be nice to be able to properly welcome him home! :) My cycles are so unpredictable and seem to be getting longer – the last one was 50 days. Not sure how Letrozole will impact everything. It would be wonderful if I was ovulating when B came home, but doubtful.

2.) I will get a bladder infection when he comes home. This happened last time and it also sucked. Bless his heart, he got to do it twice before I had to cut him off for a week – this happened on our fateful ski trip noted above. I wish there was a way to prevent the dreaded UTI, but I do everything I am supposed to (pee before, pee after) and nothing seems to help. I hope that the recent violations - the ultrasound and HSG – might at least help get me ready for when he comes home. Yes, that is sad but true.

4 comments:

A'Dell said...

I'm excited for you! Your plans for a relaxing week sound just perfect. And the weather is soooo nice this time of year.

Katie said...

Congratulations on the impending homecoming! So excited for you! And I think it is a good plan to try and minimize the stress - good luck with that!

As for the UTI - ask your doctor for a prophylactic prescription for an antibiotic. This means, the day before he comes home and the day you have. . . ahem, relations, you take a pill. Should keep all the nasties away.

Erin said...

So exciting! I hope you have a lovely homecoming!

Erin

Kristen said...

Woohoo for homecoming! That is so exciting!

I was dx with honeymoon cystitis. Basically, everytime we have sex, I get a UTI. The RE said the only thing to help is prophylactic antibiotics. It is due to the force of intercourse on your urethra - it causes it to bruise and become irritated.

I'm sorry you suffer from that too!