Thursday, October 25, 2007

Gassy anyone?

Today is CD 6, day 4 of Femara. So far I think B agrees that the side effects of Femara are much less severe than Clomid. I am not sure if it is the Femara, but dang am I gassy. Thank goodness we have dogs that I can blame it on! Especially since one of them has horrendous gas normally.

I haven’t decided when or how I am going to approach the whole semen analysis issue. He has never voiced resistance but I know he isn’t exactly overjoyed with the idea. I think I might wait to see how this cycle turns out before I start bugging him about setting up an appointment. It’s funny how I am so optimistic that this cycle will work. I am not sure why – I think in the back of my mind I’ve decided that something in Afghanistan gave B super sperm!

3 comments:

Mommy Someday said...

Are you doing an IUI with this cycle? My DH was NOT excited about a semen analysis, but when the RE packaged that with the sperm washing for the IUI, he was fine!!! He just didn't want to be analyzed in isolation (cuz he was scared) - I think. In his mind, the SA with the sperm wash was at least contributing to our cycle.

Katie said...

That's a great idea, Mommy Someday! I wish that I had thought of that. It definitely wasn't a lot of fun for my poor DH, but he did eventually go for it. And all was fine, so it was worth knowing that.

I didn't get gassy on fermera, but I do on progesterone. Weird how the body process these things, huh?

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the gassy dogs! :)

Oh no, Katie, gassy on progesterone?? Eeeek, I'm not so much excited for the Provera.

Good luck on the SA conversation with your hubby, hope it goes wel!!