Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My mom was in town all last week and it was wonderful! Grace has a very fussy period during the evening so having another pair of hands around was very helpful. She is sleeping pretty well at night thanks to this - it truly has been a miracle for us! She is sleeping about three hours before waking up at night and for the most part I can get her to go back to sleep after nursing during the night. Although last night she was wide awake after our 3am feeding!

Yesterday was my first real day alone! B left for out of town training yesterday morning and will be back on Friday. My pediatrician suggested trying gripe water to help with her fussy times (which at times can be most of the day!) I don't know if it was the gripe water or her being exhausted from screaming most of the day Sunday - but yesterday went pretty well. She was only fussy from 8-10:30 last night.

My mother-in-law comes into town today to help for the rest of the week. I am so grateful for all of the help! I don't know how I am going to do it when B deploys.

4 comments:

RBandRC said...

Gripe water is a God send. We've been using it with Lemy and it really helped her. She was crazy colicky and then I started giving it to her 4 times a day and things got better. Now we do it 2 times a day. Love that stuff.

Glad to hear you and Grace are doing well and that you have help! :)

Courtney said...

This is very belated, but congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter!!! She is absolutely lovely and I am so glad that your little one has finally arrived. They are undoubtedly completely worth the wait.

Adriane said...

Congrats on the birth of little Grace!! She is just beautiful!

So glad you've had some help - the adjustment is so hard!! I've heard great stuff about the Miracle blankets - glad it is working!

Katie said...

Laura, just checking in. . . I hope you, the hubs, and Grace are doing well! Update if you can!